I wanted to qualify the benefits that Christian business owners have by running a business based on their faith and Christian values. Here is what I came up with.
When our Faith is fully integrated into our business, the result is…
A More Effective and Confident Leader who:
- leads their team TO the God given vision for the company
- hires people that will uphold the values and create a company culture based on Christian values.
- get’s more out of their people because everyone on the team is working to glorify God (even if they are not Christians, if they see this in your character and actions they will be attracted to the same, and maybe even one day come to know Christ)
- establishes an infrastructure that is solid (built on rock, not sand) to support efficiency and growth.
More Raving Fan Customers because:
- they are treated the way that you would want to be treated.
- they trust your company because integrity is a core value.
- they feel like they are part of a community – a place they belong.
More bottom-line goals being met because:
- stewardship is based upon biblical wisdom and principles
- we know that it is all a gift from God and we need to multiply it
- the achievement of Kingdom metrics will create a positive return from employees, vendors and customers.
- God gives those who are capable with a little bit, more.
More personal peace and improved relationships because:
- stress is significantly reduced because we have the Holy Spirit working through us.
- we are making a difference in God’s Kingdom and our community.
- we have more time to ensure work life balance.
- our relationships grow stronger and more stable
Before becoming a Christian I focused on achieving objectives and creating profit as my only measures of success. How it was accomplished was much less important than “that it was accomplished”. In the end, doing it my way, I was burned out and not building relationships. It wasn’t until I started putting Christ first; following His ways; and using His measurement scale that success and satisfaction were attained.
It’s good business to live out our faith in our business, but it is also what we as Christians are called to do. As I have learned the hard way, with obedience we tend to bear fruit. Would the fruit in your business glorify God? What are other benefits you have found?