Being a Christian leader in today’s secular work climate takes more than courage, discipline, and determination. Christian leadership is deeper than that. One must also look for opportunities to serve their staff, choose self-awareness, kindness, and compassion. Christian leaders must live a life worth imitating.
Working any full-time position in any industry in corporate America means spending the majority of your waking hours on the job with coworkers, clients and bosses doing the job. For most, you are spending more time with your workplace family than your biological family. Therefore strong, Christian business leaders are incredibly necessary and can change an entire workplace culture for the better.
While a great leader can bring great success, it also comes at the cost of being judged by onlookers. It’s important to remind ourselves of the saints who have gone before us. The Bible speaks of so many wonderful leaders and how God blessed them for their work.
- King David, 2 Samuel 6:22
- Mother Mary, Luke 1:41-43
- Abraham, Genesis 12
- Noah, Genesis 9
- Jesus, John 10, Mark 10:45
There are many verses that encourage men and women who choose to step up and lead. If you’re striving to be an influential Christian leader, in a position of leadership at your office, or if you just need some encouragement along your way, these 15 Bible verses about leadership might help you. Read and memorize them and share them with your friends.
Christian Leadership Verses for Small Business Owners
1. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.
– Galatians 6:9
2. Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
– Proverbs 11:14
3. If a king judges the poor with truth, His throne will be established forever.
– Proverbs 29:14
4. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
– Philippians 2:3
5. A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
– Proverbs 16:9
6. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.
– Mark 10:45
7. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
– Hebrews 10:24
8. Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
– James 1:12
9. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
– Psalms 32:8
10. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
– Philippians 4:13
11. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant.
– Matthew 20:26
12. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
– James 4:10
13. He must become greater; I must become less.”
– John 3:30
14. Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach.
– 1 Timothy 3:2.
15. Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.
– Proverbs 27:23-24
Interested in going deeper? Need a business coach that will not only help you grow your business but will help you get there in a Godly way? We can help. Contact us today.
Leave a Reply