Dear Small Business Owner,
God sees you and He cares.
It doesn’t matter whether your business has 30 employees or 3. It doesn’t matter if it is Christian-based. It doesn’t matter if it’s been around for 10 years or if you just launched it 2 months ago.
We serve a God who loves us and cares about the details of our lives…this includes our businesses.
James 5:16 says, “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” If we step out in faith and pray to God over our businesses, just think where He will take you. He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think (Ephesians 3:20).
Here are 5 powerful verses to pray over you and your business. Memorize them, pray steadfastly, trust the Lord and watch Him work.
- “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
In Ephesians 6:10-20, we are given a very important command from Paul. We are told to put on the armor of God and Paul goes on to explain what that looks like. The truth is that the devil will try to get a foothold any way he can. He comes to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Pray against the devil’s schemes, but also pray that you are consistent in waking up and putting on the armor of God in order to stand firm.
- “…but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
There are great blessings in store for those who wait for the Lord: renewed strength, soaring like an eagle, never growing tired. Pray for patience and to always have a disposition of waiting on God. We know that His plans are far better than ours (Jeremiah 29:11). Trust Him with your business and obediently wait on Him.
- “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
It is easy to wonder what the Lord’s will is in different situations. However, these verses clearly state what the will of God is for us. Pray for a thankful heart, regardless of what is happening in your business. Often times, the hard times can be blessings in disguise. Pray to have a spirit of rejoicing and that your prayer life won’t falter, but that it will be steadfast and strong.
- “…do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
God calls us not to be anxious, which can be a lofty command. It is easy to become overwhelmed as a business owner. Worrying about finances, customer count, future clients, current clients, employees, recruiting, firing someone, marketing, profit margins – it’s a lot to have on your plate. But, God’s Word says that through prayer we can let our requests be made known to Him and that the peace of God will guard our hearts. Pray against anxiety, pray and let Him know your honest concerns, pray for His all-surpassing peace to enter in and guard your heart and mind.
- “For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity…” Proverbs 2:6-7
Pray for wisdom, for the Bible says to “be not wise in our own eyes.” God stores up wisdom for the upright–and not just wisdom, but sound wisdom. Pray for His sound wisdom daily, and as tough situations arise. It says in Proverbs 16, “How much better to get wisdom than gold!”
I hope these verses encourage you as the Lord reminds us of these important truths:
His peace surpasses all understanding.
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright.
We don’t have to be anxious about anything.
With Him, we are able to withstand the schemes of the devil.
He renews our strength.
Whatever you’re dealing with, whatever stage you are in your business, bring it before the Lord. He sees you and He cares.