“Hello, could your site handle more traffic?”
“I’ve been impressed with your site, how would you like to receive 2,000 clicks per month with this limited time offer?!”
“Are you interested in increasing your domain authority and page rank over your competitors?”
Sound familiar? We get it – you’ve most likely been bombarded with creepy marketing promotions and ads such as this all year long. As a business owner who is constantly being pulled in many directions, you either:
- Do not have enough time to focus on digital marketing
- Do not understand it
- Think the costs are too high
However, it is inevitable that you are missing out on valuable leads if you haven’t stepped in the digital marketing game yet. And it may be a lot easier than you think…let’s discuss how to overcome each of fear above.
Digital Marketing Saves You Time
You may not think of it this way, but digital marketing strategy should not require more effort than any other marketing and sales initiative. Digital marketing is simply an extension of your overall branding and sales strategy.
The majority of time spent on branding and marketing usually includes identifying:
- Your Mission/Vision and Point of Difference
- Target Audiences
- Products/Services to be Promoted
- Marketing Content (Website, Photography, Design)
Once those four key elements are established, you should apply them consistently throughout all marketing efforts, whether it is digital, print, TV, radio, etc. Most businesses already have a good foundation and understanding of these elements, and are already set up to apply them to new marketing tactics.
Secondary decisions for digital marketing such as budget, which platforms to promote on, and analytics are easily applied once sound branding strategy has been set.
Digital Marketing Is Easy
Well, look, maybe I won’t go that far. But hear me out…In the past decade, there simply has not been a more accurate way to reach your target audience than digital marketing. It has led to millions of business owners and agencies alike choosing to spend their time and money learning to navigate the digital landscape.
We’re one of those organizations. We’ve spent hundreds of hours taking courses, reading articles, testing and more testing to find out the best way to run:
- Facebook/Instagram Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Google Ads (Both Search and Display)
- Recruiting Ads
There are plenty of resources available for those who want to learn. If you really want to take the leap, you can start learning digital marketing with a simple click to YouTube or another online learning platform.
And the wonderful thing about it is, that leap can be as small or big as you like. With nearly all digital advertising platforms, you have a lot of flexibility with your budget, so there is no excuse not to give it a try!
Digital Marketing Saves you Money
We’ve seen that when you promote your business through social media and online advertising, you can reduce significant costs because of the following reasons:
- Speed – Time is money, right? If you were to run a television or paper ad, think about all of the time that goes into production. Weeks if not months for some. Contrast that to a Google Ad or Facebook campaign that can be setup and running in 2 hours.
- Control – You control the budget, it can be as small or large as you want it to be. Instead of paying a set amount, you usually can choose an option where you only pay for the objective you are trying to reach, such as clicks to your website, lead collections, or a certain number of impressions (eyes that see your ad).
- Agility – Let’s say you catch a mistake in your TV or paper ad. Talk about a nightmare to fix and replace! With digital, not only can you test multiple versions of your ads and see the results in real-time, but you can also make changes on the fly if you decide on a new direction.
Don’t be Scared, Get Digital
At Crossroads, we’re always here to help. Whether it is through business coaching helping you establish sales and marketing strategy, or performing the above tactics for you, we believe digital marketing is one of the best investments you can make for your business.