Over the past 4 years, I have spent many hours learning, perfecting and hiring people to help me with my social media. In the beginning, I didn’t even know what to do, much less how to find someone to help me.
It was a long, frustrating, and time-consuming process to:
- Understand what social media is and which ones would work for my business.
- Learn how to functionally set-up accounts, profiles, and connect everything to each other.
- Learn who to communicate to and what to communicate.
- Make myself and my brand look like the image that we displayed in person.
- Figure out how to keep it all up and still run my business.
I am not a photographer or a graphic designer and my original profiles certainly showed this.
The initial years were just figuring out how to get on, what to get on, and how to connect.
How Do You Grow Your Business With Social Media?
But the whole reason I was on social media was to grow my business.
- I wanted to connect with potential clients.
- I wanted to share what I know with them.
- I wanted them to find my website and my blog.
- I wanted them to sign-up for my mailing list.
- I wanted them to hire me as their coach!
That was the graduate program of my social media education!
In the last 18 months, I began working with my clients on their social media presence. I know they all felt the same way that I did about figuring it all out and they didn’t want to spend two or three years doing it.
Many of them were paying other people to do it and I would cringe when I saw what they were doing. The key “cringe-causers” were:
- Only posting other people’s content on the clients’ profiles.
- Never or rarely sending the followers back to the client’s website.
- Posting content that had nothing to do with the client’s business or was extremely off target.
- Not keeping up with the changes to the social media platforms, therefore, posting content that would never be shared.
Around April of this year, I had clients who wanted more than just coaching on social media. They wanted us to do it.
What Is Needed to Keep Up With The Joneses In Social Media Today?
So we set out to test on five of our current clients. We had to get various resources so we could really do what we believe needs to be done to be effective on social media. We were comfortable creating the strategies and objectives, but we also needed:
- Writers to create targeted content for our client’s customers.
- Graphic designers to create professional headers and profiles that matched the client’s brand.
- Content curators to research for other targeted content to share with our client’s followers.
- Someone to manage the client’s social media like it was their own!
And I am happy to say that we now have a great team ready to help you develop a social media strategy and plan for your business!
What We Can Do for You
Here are the services we can offer you:
Social Media Assessment: If you are already dabbling in social media but you don’t feel like it is getting you anywhere, we can do an assessment and provide you with a recommended strategy and action plan for your business.
Social Media Marketing Plan: We can create a social media marketing plan based upon the strategies and goals for your business. These online marketing plans may include types of content to post, a content calendar, promotions and contests, sharing strategies and more.
Social Media Profiles: We can set-up your profiles on all of the platforms that make sense for you to be on. We can set them up, write copy for your profile, create professionally designed headers and backgrounds, and help you start getting followers.
Social Media Content: We can help provide some or all of your content to be posted on social media. We feel like content is specific to the business and every business needs different things, however, we can:
- Write articles or blog posts for you.
- Create branded images and templates for your posts.
- We can curate articles, tips, advice, or images that would interest your followers.
- Create a unique voice for your profile that matches you and doesn’t seem like an automated machine.
Social Media Execution: If you don’t have anyone to manage and post to your accounts, we can do that too. We will create an execution calendar based on the social media marketing plan and execute to the plan. This includes posting unique content on multiple platforms.
At the end of the day, we all still want results! We will always review quarterly how the plan is performing against our agreed upon goals.
Are You MORE Overwhelmed Now?
Don’t be! We aren’t saying you need all of this or that you have to start with everything. You may want to do most of it yourself and just need a couple of pieces to get you started.
We don’t mind helping you stick your toe in the water!
We can start as simply as setting up one profile for you or just make you a couple of custom headers for your profile.
But…..we don’t want to waste your money. So we would want to understand your goals and make sure that what we did do would help.
Just Do It!
If you are frustrated because everyone tells you that you need to be on social media, but you don’t want to deal with it, that is okay too. Call us up and say “just do it” and we can get started right away.
Who Do You Call
If you are ready to get some help with your social media you can contact Amy Tressitt. Amy is a new marketing coach and consultant with Crossroads and she is heading up our social media management. You can contact Amy at (225) 341-4147, or email her at [email protected].
We hope we can help you navigate the online marketing waters while saving you time, money, and reduced stress. If now is not the time, that is okay too, come visit us online and let’s get connected!