I came across these survey results on a Linkedin question today.
A recent survey of small business owners, of which 93% considered themselves entrepreneurs, produced the following results when asked:
What would you like to learn about most?
1. Marketing my business (18.7%)
2. Growing my business (16.7%)
3. Personal Growth (11.7%)
4. How to Succeed (11.3%)
5. Getting the most out of my employees (11%)
6. Financial Management (10%)
7. Dealing with pressure and stress (9%)
When they were asked “What are the biggest challenges in your business?” they answered:
1. Lack of money (21.5%)
2. Attracting clients (18.2%)
3. Finding the right staff (15.2%)
4. Maintaining a balance between family and business (10.2%)
5. Lack of support (10%)
6. Lack of Business Experience (9%)
In my experience with clients in question #1 I have found that response #1 and #5 are the questions I most receive from clients
In question #2 I have found that the 3rd response – finding the right staff – is the biggest challenge with my clients by a much wider margin.
What about you? If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur how would you answer these questions? Does being a Christian business owner change your response? I would love for you to share in the comments!!